All about the passenger location form

The winter vacations are fast approaching. If you're planning to travel abroad, you'll probably need to fill out a tracking form in addition to the PCR test and vaccine. In fact, in Spain, Italy and many other European Union and non-European Union countries, a tracking form is required to travel and stay in the country. Without further ado, here is what you need to know about the passenger tracking form.

What is the purpose of the passenger location form ?

The Passenger Tracking Form allows states and national health authorities to track the whereabouts of passengers when they travel by air, sea (ferry and cruise), bus and train, and to contact them if necessary. This was put in place to prevent the development of infectious diseases such as coronavirus. Passenger locator form for Italy can be found here.

What information must be filled in the tracking form ?

When you fill out the form, several data are to be transmitted, as specified by the portal of European forms of traceability: they will need information on the trip and means of transport, personal information, contact information, permanent address, recent accommodation, temporary address, travel companions and contact information in case of emergency. 

Once filled out, you will get a QR code that you can present once you arrive at your final destination. If you are making a stopover and/or using different modes of transportation, you will need to fill out two forms. However, if you are traveling by air and do not leave the airport during your stopover, it is not necessary to fill out a second form. For cruise passengers, they must indicate the place of final disembarkation and the various stopovers made.

Which countries require a whereabouts form ?

Many countries require a Whereabouts Form to be completed, whether they are members of the European Union or not. The forms of some European countries have been grouped together in a European portal; this is the case for Italy, Malta and Slovenia. For other countries that require this form, such as Spain, England, Greece, etc., you must go to the government websites of each country.